The first day of March tomorrow and it's supposed to get up to 70. Wow, that's warm. I guess my blood still hasn't thinned out. So what they call winter around here is nearly finished.
I finally made it out skiing though. Breckenridge. Apparently the conditions were not that great. Think back east skiing on a non-groomed day, ice patches with built-up moguls at the bottoms and uneven terrain. Pioneer on Peak 7 was fun. I even earned a few pictures from an admirer. The yellow jacket, black pants, sunglasses and long hair flying behind me must have stood out. Maybe the close legs finesse style did too. It's been 7 years (can it really be that long ago) since I last went downhill skiing. I had returned to my roots of cross country for a while, but in Colorado downhill rules. So perhaps I'm a relic of days gone by. Oh well, I enjoyed it. My quads on the other hand complained about it not being riding.
Into spring we go. I'm looking forward to the 2nd home game of the Rockies season. The opener would have been nice, but with the season they had last year it wasn't possible. It's just as well. Arizona will be good to watch anyway. Now if I could just get to like the Aves. I'm afraid I'll just have to be a Packers, Rockies, Red Wings fan and give a nod to all the areas I've lived in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment